On June 2, 2013, Mackinac State Historic Parks proudly opened the reconstructed
South Southwest Rowhouse inside Colonial Michilimackinac. The event was attended by
well over two hundred guests with Director Phil Porter, Deputy Director Steven Brisson
and Mackinac Island State Park Commissioner William Marvin addressing the crowd.
The building contains exhibits on French culture, hands on audio visual programs and
the remains of a French chimney. A new movie entitled Attack at Michilimackinac! is
shown in the theater throughout the day presenting the story of the June 2, 1763 attack
by Ojibwe and Sauk warriors. The reconstruction is the first new building inside the
palisade fort since 1989.