The Michigan Alliance for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage (MACCH) Angel Project is awarded to promote the material conservation of Michiganâ€™s cultural heritage resources. Angel Projects are undertaken utilizing the expertise of the MACCH Board: projects usually involve hands-on participation donated by the appropriate Board member(s) working in their professional capacity. Typical Angel Projects do not include additional financial support by MACCH.
MACCH encourages project proposals/applications from organizations, institutions, and/or communities who have cultural heritage resources in need of conservation or preservation. Suggested projects may be too small to warrant formal grants, or be used as an in-kind match for larger projects. The Review Panel gives priority to projects that have the greatest significance to or impact on the local community.
MACCH Angel Projects:
- Disaster Planning for Small Cultural & Historical Organizations (June 23, 2006, Historical Society of Michigan’s Annual Upper Penninsula Conference at Bay de Noc Community College in Escanaba)
Types of Angel Projects:
- Museum objects, artifacts, or artworks or buildings, monuments, resources of historic, artistic, or cultural significance
- Archival documents, photographs, maps, or drawings
- Community art and/or sculptural pieces
Guidelines for Angel Projects:
- The cultural heritage resources should be related to Michigan history.
- Submissions should demonstrate the importance of the resource to the collection of the institution or the community.
- If the Angel Project will be included in any grant proposals as a match MACCH approval is required prior to submission of the grant.
- Submissions should demonstrate a need unable to be fulfilled by the institution or the community.
- Funding grants, rather than projects requiring the professional expertise of MACCH Board Members, will not be considered.
- Angel Project designation is dependent upon the capabilities and expertise of the Board of Directors of MACCH at that time the project is selected.
- To submit an Angel Project proposal, please email your request to MACCHÂ (firstname.lastname@example.org)